Study Abroad

William Xerra: “Omaggio a Ludovico Ariosto” (2014). Faculty expert, Massimo Ciavolella


The Department of Comparative Literature participates in the system-wide Education Abroad Program offered by the University of California, providing long-term study (from one quarter to one year) at participating foreign universities. For more information, please consult the EAP website.

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

Choose from summer, quarter, semester, and yearlong options. Financial aid and scholarships are available for qualified students.

Contact a UCLA Returnee who has participated on UCEAP.
Learn more about our programs by watching a recent Student Panel Presentation.


Students may also explore options offered through non-UC-affiliated programs but should consult with a counselor at the International Education Office to discuss options and procedure for participating in a non-UC study abroad program prior to committing. There are no guarantees for credit transferal, which makes consultation critical for students considering alternate programs.

If EAPTravel Study and UCLA Exchange aren’t right for you, staff members are available to help you explore a variety of other programs. Students are encouraged to speak with a counselor in the International Education Office before signing up for a non-UC study abroad program. Please call 310-825-4995 to schedule an appointment.

Undergraduate Planned Academic Leave – UCLA offers a Planned Academic Leave (PAL) for undergraduate students to study abroad on non-UC programs. To be granted an academic leave, students REGISTER online after having been accepted into a non-UC program. There is no fee for registering for PAL. While on PAL, students automatically receive enrollment appointments (1st and 2nd pass) to enroll from abroad for the UCLA courses they will need upon return to campus.

Graduate Students – Graduate students should consult with the Graduate Division to determine whether there are requirements when attending a non-UC study abroad program. Notifying the International Education Office is still recommended so we know where and when you are studying abroad.