- C.Phil., UCLA (2019)
- B.A., California State University, Long Beach (2011)
- Queer theory
- ephemeral literatures
- digital humanities
- Postcolonial Literature with writing component (COM LIT 4DW)
- Alf Layla wa-Layla / One Thousand and One Nights (COM LIT M110 / ARABIC M110)
- Literature of al-Andalus / Islamic Spain (COM LIT M119 / ARABIC M115)
- Social Media and Storytelling (COM LIT 1E)
Field of InterestGender and sexuality studies, area studies, cultural studies, anthropology, translation
- “Mahfouz, al-Mutanabbi, and the Canon: Poetics of Deviance in the Masculine Nationalist Discourse of Al-Sukkariyya,” book chapter in Constructions of Masculinity in the Middle East, eds. Mohja Kahf and Nadine Sinno. American University in Cairo Press, forthcoming.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.Wordgathering: A Journal of Disability Poetry and Literature, vol. 13, no. 1, March 2019.
- “Getting to Abu Nuwas Street,” translation of short story by Dheya al-Khalidi in Baghdad Noir, edited by Samuel Shimon, Akashic Books, August 2018, pp. 209-20.