- “The Intelligentsia in Dissent: Palestine, Settler-Colonialism and Academic Unfreedom In the Work of Steven Salaita.” Forthcoming: Transmotion.
- “At Home in Diaspora: Mapping Affiliation in Syrine Hout’s Postwar Anglophone Lebanese Fiction.” H-Levant, H-Net Reviews. April 2016.
- “The Scarred Land: Settler Imprints and Indigenous Futures,” co-authored with Nadya Raja Tannous. The Funambulist (20) “Settler-Colonialism in Turtle Island.” ed. Lépold Lambert, Melanie Yazzie and Nick Estes.
- “Rethinking Islamophobia, Reframing Resistance.” Al-Tālib, February 2017.
- “Resolving to Divest: The History of SJP at UCLA’s Divestment Campaign,” co-authored with Rahim Kurwa. Jadaliyya, July 2016.
- “Student Activists at San Francisco State, UC Irvine Facing Repression.”
Palestine in America, July 2016.
- “Zionism Justifies Discrimination and Oppression.” New York Times, April 2016.
- “We Will Not Be Silenced: Resisting Repression of Student Activism for
Palestine.” Huffington Post, October 2015.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
English, Arabic, French, Spanish (reading knowledge)
Comparative Literature 2W: Great Books from the World At Large
- Introduction to Comparative Literature and Essay Writing; texts span periods from the Middle Ages to the present
“Exile, Displacement and Palestinian Poetics.” Guest lecture for 2W course, March 2017.
Teaching Assistant Coordinator (TAC) for Department of Comparative Literature, Spring 2018
- Training incoming Teaching Assistants in the department
- “Death to the Peace Process: Remergence(ies) of Palestinian Insurgency” – American Studies Association (ASA) Conference, November 2018
- “’I won’t follow you:’ Movements of Resistance in Ghassan Kanafani’s ‘Letter to Gaza’ and Edward Said’s ‘Tribute to Abu Omar.'” – American Studies Association (ASA) Conference, October 2017.
- “Discourse in Praxis: Political Struggle as the Living Site of Representational Delimitation,” Middle East Studies Association (MESA) Annual Meeting, November 2016, Boston, MA
- “The Student Movement(s) For Justice in Palestine: Sites of Joint Struggle, Policing and Containment.” Palestine, Israel and the Assault on Academic Freedom, UC Riverside, October 2015.
- “Another University Is Possible: BDS Activism at the UCs.” Critical Ethnic Studies Association (CESA) Conference, York University, Toronto ON, April 2015
- “Poe and Place: Orienting the Orient in the Work of Edgar Allan Poe,” American Comparative Literature Association (ACLA) Conference, New York University, New York, NY March 2014.